Student Visa Extension

Do you know you can extend your Australian student visa? Read on as we will show you how to do that step by step.


Find the right college or university and enrol in your course of choice

For applying student visa, you need a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from your educational institution.


Arrange an overseas student health cover

You’ll have to continue your existing Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Contact with your health insurance agency and extend your end date.


Collect required documents for visa application
  • Personal Documents
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport identity page (i.e. every page with visa sample & immigration stamp)
  • National identity Card
  • Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
  • All pages of household registration book
  • CV/Resume (certified by the local authorities)
  • OSHC Policy Number
  • HAP ID Number
  • Evidence of financial capacity
  • OSHC policy number, making sure the dates of your policy match the visa
  • Personal statement. This needs to include why you’re extending your studies, your situation back home, your situation in Australia, and why the course is important to your future
  • Migration agent form 956 (if required)
  • Parental consent (if under 18 years old)


Submit your Australian student visa application

Pop into your Immi Account, attach all the relevant documents and lodge your application. It will cost AU$ 620.



After lodging an application, applicants might be asked for biometrics right. You will be given 14 days to provide biometrics.


Medical examination

You may also need to get health checks done to prove you’re in perfect health.


Hold a valid visa

If you applied for this visa when you were in Australia, you will be granted a Bridging visa A (BVA). Please note that if you travel on your BVA, you will lose the right to return as the visa cancels on departure.


Application outcome

The case officer might contact you for further information once they assigned to your visa application. They might also make the decision on the application without contacting you. Once your visa is granted, you need to inform your university or college to arrange your further accommodation in Australia.


There is no automatic extension of a student visa in Australia. You can apply for a student visa again or apply for a visitor visa if your visa is expiring and can’t return to your home country or your course has been extended.


Our services designed to take the stress and confusion out of the process of applying for a visa in Australia. Whatever your situation, we can help. Ready to get started? Contact us now: [email protected]